Thursday, January 5, 2012

Slueths Wanted

Business was a little slow today. It was 65 degrees. This worries me a little because in this part of the country it should be about -6 degrees. But rest assured, one of the Corps of Engineers Rangers I helped today told me that the warm weather wasn't due to the global warming I was fretting over. No, it was because she purchased a brand new snowblower, so therefore, there will be no snow.

Which brings me to today's activity. I helped out the Rangers with some suspicious activity on the federal property. It seems people have been joy-riding and partying/camping in areas in which it is illegal to do so. Crime of the century? No, but it is still frustrating that whoever is doing this feels that it is completely ok to mow their own private paths for atvs:

And camp, and build bonfires:


And of course we found a bunch of beer cans, litter and other stuff:



And WAAAY back in the weeds and prickly bushes we found this:


Here is a closer look:


Yep. It is a safe. And of course it was locked. So...I thought it would be fun to take some guesses from everyone to see if anyone can guess what was inside (after we busted it open with a pry bar and hammer).
What do you think? Write your guess in the comments section!

14 comments:

  1. My guess is paperwork and more paperwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An empty ziploc bag with residual traces of medicinal marijuana; a bic lighter; a bottle opener; three bottle caps; and a electric bill from a nearby trailer park with the owners name and address.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drugs I would guess?
    I hope you caught the trespassers!
    Great blog by the way... I was directed here by Ingrid :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta go with drugs.....How will you catch them? That's the story that I want to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A treasure map to the fountain of youth?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Steve's guess, but I say it is just paperwork. You can just drop those things on cement and they bust open. Just point the corner down and drop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another vote for drugs. Who would stash paper work out in the boonies?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pistol, some money and some dope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to say not a damn thing, or perhaps a whole lot of nothing?

    ReplyDelete
  10. More beer, and, whiskey! Along with some Willie Nelson CD's! Damn, Willie, they got ya'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least their taste of liquor was good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You could now make a choice from amongst a big assortment of OBDII Scan devices available in the market. The very best kinds may help you to phone up OBD-II details by proficiently connecting and initiating the autocom cdp pro software at a lightning velocity. These scan applications could fluctuate from uncomplicated hand-held meters that exhibit the error codes for the huge-sized console PC-based models. The prices range based on the measurement on the scanners as well as know-how utilized in them.

    ReplyDelete